City of Wolverhampton Council understands that food businesses will be doing all they can to stay trading during this time. As we are sure you are aware the Government have stepped up measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus and save lives.
- All non-essential premises must now close;
- Takeaway and delivery services may remain open and operational;
- People must not consume food or drinks on site at restaurants, cafes or pubs whilst waiting for takeaway food;
- Planning regulation has changed to enable restaurants, cafes and pubs which do not currently offer delivery and hot food takeaway to do so.
The most up to date guidance in relation to closures can be found below. It is advisable to visit these pages regularly for up-to-date advice:
- Guidance For Employees and Employers
- Guidance For Employers
- Guidance For Businesses To Close
- Guidance for Food Businesses
Whilst your food business continues to operate you must ensure that food continues to be prepared safely. If, in order to remain open, your business has changed in any way you may have additional food hygiene risks that you now must consider. Please visit Running a food business for information regarding your food safety obligations.